Braces, retainers, and everything else you want to know about orthodontics!
You’ve come in for an exam and Dr. Drew has confirmed: “YOUR TEEN NEEDS BRACES!”
Let's do Braces! What now?
Don’t worry! Braces aren’t nearly as scary as you may think. In fact, braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, which makes life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
How long will my teen have to wear braces?
The amount of time it takes to treat your teen's smile with braces depends on three key factors:
- Complexity — Some conditions are more complicated than others and may require more time and additional appliances.
- Growth and body response — Everyone’s body is different, and in some cases, teeth may move faster or more favorably for one person compared to another. We are all unique, and this cannot be predicted!
- Participation — The great thing about braces is that if your teen cooperates well, he or she can shorten treatment time. That means less time away from school and activities!
Braces: Your Way!
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types, and styles to choose from. Some common options include:
- Clear ceramic braces
- Invisalign clear aligners
- Self-ligating metal braces
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment for your teen?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost a person’s self-confidence, giving him or her a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Teeth left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term teeth issues that cost more in the end.
Technology and Digital Imaging
We truly care about your teens, so our office invests in the latest technology with the most advanced tools and materials to ensure your teen gets great results. The iTero Element is a state-of-the-art digital scanning system that is used in place of traditional teeth molds which has allowed us to capture more accurate images of their teeth without the use of gooey molding materials. Our x-rays are all digital, which means high-quality images with less radiation than x-ray machines of the past.
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many adolescents. While they might have had a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look good and feel good! Please contact our practice to schedule your next orthodontic checkup.